The Champaign Park District is seeking a full-time Front of House Coordinator for the Virginia Theatre in downtown Champaign. The position is open until filled and may be applied for online here.
The Virginia Theatre Front of House Coordinator is a full-time, exempt employee responsible for day-to-day operations and event supervision at the Champaign Park District’s Virginia Theatre, managing the front of house at movies and private events, and supervising custodial (Building Services Workers) and concessions staff, merchandise sales, and volunteers, while ensuring the theatre provides the public with a safe, clean, comfortable environment and maintaining absolute excellence in customer service. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training and supervision of custodial staff, concessions staff, and volunteers. Starting salary is between $13.04/hour – $15.39/hour.
- Bachelor’s Degree in recreation, arts administration, theatre, tourism, or related field, or eight years’ experience in the field.
- At least two years experience working in front-of-house supervision.
- Demonstrated management skills in staff supervision and working effectively with patrons, vendors, clients, volunteers and groups.
- Working knowledge of theater operations, including concessions, box office, ticketing systems, and front of house.
- Experience in food service or restaurant management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in planning and organizing events, activities, and programs.
- Superior customer service skills and ability to train staff in quality customer service.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively as they arise.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite or similar programs.
- Understanding of basic retail accounting and cash handling practices.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, budget, plan, and implement projects with multiple deadlines.
- First Aid/CPR certification, blood borne pathogens and sexual harassment training is required within the 30 days of hire.
- Current Illinois Food Service Sanitation Certificate or willingness to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Positive “can do” team attitude.
Follow this link for complete details.
The Champaign Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.